Self-care Sundays

Sunday, January 29, 2017

 


 
 
As I've mentioned in a  previous post, sometimes life can come at you with Mayweather jabs and suddenly "adulting" isn't as fun as you thought it would be. I think during these times its important for us to take a step back and focus on ourselves. Better known As Self-care. That often translates into me buying something for myself. Sometimes its Makeup, or clothes, other times its body care. During a recent trip to Marshalls, I was immediately drawn to the Harper + Lee coffee scrub [similar here], Pearlessence Rose hip oil [sold here] and their Coconut water facial mist [sold here]. Their clean and simple Packaging caught my eye..did I mention they were only $5.99 each! The body scrub smelled like a French Vanilla coffee Coolatta so I was egar to try it. Unfortunately I was disappointed in its quality. My skin didn't feel any softer than it did before I used it. I think adding a little more sugar and a lil' of the rose hip oil would set it off!
 However The Rose hip oil and Facial Mist came thru for ya girl. The Rose hip oil had a great Slip and made my skin feel moisturized but not greasy and the mist was a nice refreshing touch i'd add after the moisturizer. Sometimes when I'm channeling my inner Mariah Carey, ill spray it on my skin before bed for added moisture. The mist can also be used as a setting spray for my ladies that wear makeup. 
These products could easily be added to your weekly or biweekly Self-care regime. How often are you indulging in Self-care? and what are some ways you indulge in self-care?
 
 
 
 


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Self Care Sundays- what a great idea. With having such a busy week Sundays are my big hair care days. I wash and deep condition my hair( I normally co-wash during the week so my hair doesn't dry out). Add some grease and a leave in conditioner that I whipped up myself. Nothing fancy. Tresemme conditioner diluted with water and a couple drops of Hask Argon oil that I found at ShopRite. Ill attempt and twist or braid out depending on how brave I am or if there's a certain look that I am going for. Other times ill just let it air dry and touch it up in the morning. So far so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a set day dedicated to hair, is wise. Ill have to try that leave in conditioner recipe. its a Smart way to save money by making it yourself.!
      thanks for sharing :)

      Delete