Easy Summer make up

Thursday, June 16, 2016

It seems like every year spring doesn't get the memo that it's her time to shine, because somehow summer bullies her way in and we're all faced with unexpected sweltering heat waves. Summer isn't one of my top seasons mainly because I'm not a fan of sweating. In the past I've kept my same foundation routine all year round because I'm a creature of habit. One day while rushing to work, I started out doing my daily makeup routine, moisturizer, fill in brows, conceal and color correct, finish with a bronzer.. I realized I missed a step, I unintentionally forgot my foundation. I was pleased with the results, I pretty much looked the way I did with foundation which lead me to question if it was even a necessary step to begin with. For the next couple of days I embraced my foundation-less makeup look. I wanted to share this easy minimal look for anyone whos just beginning their makeup journey, or someone who's like me that wants to look cute but just doesn't have the desire to spend a lot of time achieving that goal.

Step one: moisturize. Always moisturize regardless of the season, otherwise your skin will LOOK and FEEL the way elephant skin looks. I use a small amount of coconut oil.


Step two: color correct. I use a concealor with a orange tint to counter act any dark marks or uneven areas on the skin. Typically around the mouth, side of nostrils and under eyes. I use sephora brand corrector in #50 deep and blend out with a small elf blending brush.


Step three: fill in brows. I use a dark brown pencil you can get from your local beauty supply store.



Step four: apply bronzer over entire face with a large powder brush, I use Sonia Kashuk #40 Goddess. Which is exactly what it'll leave you feeling like, a golden goddess.
To finish every thing off I spray my Evian refresher spray to "melt" everything together, and my current fav, Lolita by Kat Von D.



4 comments:

  1. You look amazing, Jade and your skin is glowing! I love this minimal make up look. It is very refreshing!

    xx

    jasmine | broke but high maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had no idea that amount of work went into applying your makeup! Looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete