My Jerseyfest food truck mash-up! Jersey vs Philly trucks experience

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Last weekend I got to experience the Jerseyfest food truck mash-up at the meadowlands in north Jersey. It was basically a huge parking lot with award winning food trucks from New Jersey and Philly.  I was accompanied by my mum, sister and niece. This was all of our first time experiencing something like this, so what better way to do it, than a small group.

When we first got there it rained something vicious, we brought our umbrellas with the expectation of a little drizzle. It rained on us like it did Omarion in you got served. Everyone was soaked. However we were determined to get our money's worth. Our first stop was Oink and Moo BBQ (Philly based) it was about a hour wait. When it was finally our turn, I decided on the chipotle chicken tacos, while my mum and sister chose pulled brisket sliders topped with coleslaw. We all gave this truck a thumbs up and unanimously agreed it was worth the wait.


Top: Beef Brisket | Bottom: Chipotle chicken Tacos

I have a sweet tooth, so much so that I often times choose dessert over dinner. So this next stand was right up my ally. It was a mini Donut stand, called Glazed and Confused they had a variety of  creations to choose from. Did I also forget to mention I'm extremely indecisive, so having to decide on one creation was a challenge for me. This line was about a 30 min wait so I had to time to go back  and forth with myself [insert look of shame]. I finally made my decision to get a creation called American Pie, mini donuts topped with Apple pie filling, cinnamon, graham cracker, and Carmel glaze. It was a perfect portion to satisfy my sweet tooth without the guilt. Although it could've been better, I didn't taste much of the graham cracker, and the apple pie filling wasn't what I expected. 

Top left : The hangover | top right: S'mores | bottom: American pie




Our last stop was a Jersey truck called the French Quarter, my taste buds were set to be blown away by their shrimp Po' boys. Sadly as we got closer to the end of the line, we were informed that they had ran out of shrimp. lucky for me the chicken Po' boy was the next runner up  so I would still be able to satisfy my craving.  My first bite into the sandwich didn't blow me away with flavor, I was expecting more of a southern kick but it was still good. For some reason it tasted better to me the day after.


My overall experience was a B+ , next time I know to wear sneakers! a baseball cap! and to bring a weatherproof backpack, with umbrellas, and little ziplock bags to store unfinished or un-eaten food. 

2 comments:

  1. Giiiiirl this sounds like heaven. Lol @ your indecisiveness. I'm the same way. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'll have to keep you posted on similar events! And I guess indecisiveness is a blessing and a curse lol

      Delete