Don't have a Mani-attack

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A few months ago I was rockin' gel manicures, it's a polish that uses a special uv light to activate and adhere to your nail. The average cost is about $25, at the time I figured it would be a smart investment since my job requires me to wash my hands often, it wouldn't chip or fade with my frequent hand washing. They lasted about a week and a half to two weeks, they didn't chip, kept their shine and for the most part their shape. I went every two weeks as recommended to keep them looking up to par. I kept up with Gel mani's for about 2-3 months, at $25 every two weeks that's $50 a month JUST on nails.

During a time in between my nail visits, I thought about a friend of mine telling me how she used the ol' faithful press on nails whenever she didn't feel like getting her acrylics refilled. I went to my nearest drug store and purchased a box of Broadway brand nails that included the glue for about $6. I applied them when I got home, since long nails aren't practical for me, I cut, filed and shaped them as close to my natural nail shape as possible, and painted them with white polish for a fresh, crisp, Spring/Summer look.




One set lasted me about the same as a gel manicure for less than half the price.! 
These nails held up with my frequent hand washing at work, and day to day activities. I have the option to change the polish as much as I want and even play with a few designs if I'm feeling fancy.. If you're a "hair did, nails did, everything did" type of gal, but $25 might be too steep for your pockets, I highly advise this trick.! 


5 comments:

  1. OMG they look so cute! My natural nails are always chipping, making me look real ghetto with 3/5 long nails lol. I might try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, yes girl! Try it, if you try it and post it, tagg me so I can see

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this! They look so amazing! I'm giving this a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, yes try it. It's extremely budget friendly and visibly less damaging.

    ReplyDelete