TRADER JOES

Thursday, March 26, 2015

I finally got my hands on some Trader Joes, y'all!  I've been hearing about Trader Joes bargain prices via Youtube and other blogs. I finally got the opportunity to check it out myself and before we even walked in, my heart started racing. I was excited about a grocery store y'all (my nana told me I was an old soul).  In the entrance the flowers instantly caught my eye, so I got a simple bouquet with a pop of yellow. The yellow is a reminder to be happy and grateful for everyday that I'm blessed to see.

 So as you know with my "No sweets November" post I've been struggling to make healthier lifestyle choices, so I figured I'd try out a few things out to see what the hype was about. The vegetable and basil pasta was first on the list to try. It was sort of disappointing, it lacked flavor, but nothing a little Parmesan couldn't fix.
I had no complaints about the French toast because I lovee it and in my eyes you can do no wrong with French toast! I could've added Strawberries and whip cream to make it look cute, but I was lazy and just ate it plan. I paired it with a glass of Riesling to jazz it up which complimented the sweet taste of the French toast almost perfectly.

I haven't tried the Quinoa and oatmeal just yet, but I'll get back to you with an update. Quinoa is a grain that contains protein (gives you a fuller feeling and increase metabolism) and fiber (also aids in a fuller feeling) I got it so I could eat my maple and brown sugar oatmeal without feeling like I just ate a pack of sugar.
I ended my night with a shower using the oatmeal and honey vegetable soap, cruelty free, had a good lather, wasn't one of those skinny little baby doll bars that last one shower, and had somewhat of a light cinnamon scent to it. I loved it. Overall I'd visit Trader Joes again, for the food and of course the flowers


2 comments:

  1. OMG I want to go there! Love the flowers. I've been thinking about buying flowers for my room, just to give me some serenity or something pretty to look at lol. I really need to get like you with committing to being healthy. I don't know why I make it hard for myself :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes go! I'll be going again, thank you. Yes adds a little life to my room.! I'm trying to consume more veggies! I hate eating healthy because it seems boring

    ReplyDelete