Light some Incense

Monday, January 19, 2015

I feel like Erykah Badu or sum' should be playing in the background as I get into this post. I've been procrastinating writing, as I do with everything. I really should've wrote about it the night of, BUT I had some wine and Lort knows wine will have you knocked out COLD. ANYWAY,  I went to an event hosted by The Grey market, Love Over Everything, and some friends of mine S.U.I.T.S. Lifestyle. The event was Titled "Vibes and Vintage" which was exactly that, individual's scattered throughout a downtown Newark art Gallery, styles varied from the Glamor girl who might've came before hittin' the club up to thrift store hunters who wore their best vintage pieces to everything in between, just about everyone had wine and their phone in hand, networking enjoying being surrounded by individuals that shared common interest. Artist hung their art against distressed brick walls, not even exaggerating I would have a piece from each artist in my loft style apartment (that I have in my head) if I could. I even saw an artist I recognized from a previous event (wassup Malcolm) sadly my amateur photography skills aren't doing the pieces justice (I advise you to check out his IG linked below). His work was sick. I'll throw some pics in here so you can get the picture of this event I'm trying to paint for you. I have so much to write in this post so excuse me if it's like an essay lol.







 The Grey Market had an area of Vintage pieces to purchase (they even had my favorite oversized sweaters) Music was provided By a Dj Arcade I advise you to check him out too, he had the spotlight for a min before the performance and he showed OUT in the best way possible. Had ya girl thinking she should consider getting on the 1's and 2's. There were five Performances, three of which were reppin' for the ladies, all were praise worthy and kept my attention (which is hard to do). Suzi analogue was one of my favs from that night, her sound was reminiscent of house music (I was 2.5 away from begging for the mixtape), a soul train line was started..a SOUL TRAIN LINEEE (I was also 2.5 away from jumping in dancing like somebody auntie). Moruf was another performer worthy of a rant. His sound was relaxing, easy to relate to. Sort of reminded me of Common. I'll leave IG and website info for you guys to check them out. Vibe out like I did.


The grey Market: Thegreymarketshop.com| IG: Thegreymarket
S.U.I.T.S: Suitslifestyle.com| IG: Suitslifestyle
Moruf | IG Moruf88
Dj Arcade | IG Arcadenoise
Suzi Analogue | IG suzianalog
Malcolm | IG m.rolling


  Jacket and Jeans | H&M  Tshirt |Zara.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!