10 minute Makeup

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Now I'm no make-up artist but I like to think I can "beat" a face if I need to. Today as I rushed to get ready for work, as I do most days, I figured I would let you in on how I achieve my everyday/I'm trying to not look like a rag-a-muffin/I woke up lih dis face. I haven't ventured off doing any extravagant make-up looks yet because I usually (1). don't have anywhere fancy enough to go that requires a red carpet look or (2). I'm just too lazy to take the time to do it. I like my make-up to look like my skin just more even and glowy, I loveee a glowy/dewy face. Some people prime before putting on their makeup. I think primer is suppose to act as a barrier between your skin and make-up so the makeup doesn't clog your pores, correct me if I'm wrong. Sadly, My lack of knowledge of what the product does didn't stop me from buying it (insert guilty face). I usually don't prime my skin prior to applying my foundation unless I have time to spare. I use a little moisturizer so I don't have a crusty/ashy face. Apply a layer of my foundation (light-med coverage), conceal to bring back the yellow undertone in my skin, fill in my brows (great brows will have you feeling like Beyonce), throw some bronze shadow to my lids, add some mascara to those lashes, use some of that bronze eye shadow I used on my lid to my cheekbones and center of nose (it reflects natural and artificial light and will give you that Jlo glow) and I'm out the door. Direct product links are listed below. What are some of your go-to products to achieve an effortless makeup look?

Before

After

Note: NYX dewy setting spray holds everything together and gives the bronze shimmer you added a little umph.

2 comments: